Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Pictures!

Okay, so I typed in a big long post about everything that's going on and then lost it b/c Internet Explorer sucks. Anyhow, I've found an internet cafe when the computers are compatible with my camera and I've uploaded the pictures I've taken so far. Enjoy!!

Canada and Alaska Through Anchorage

I took my bike to the shop today for an oil change and new front tire. Also, it turns out the thumbing I've bheen feeeling through the footpegs was just the new chain loosening up a bit and not a major tranny problem as I was worried. If the transmission was messed, I'd be lamed up for at least a week in Anchorage. Tradgedy averted.

Today I'm spending stocking up on stuff and running last minute errands before I go to Denali tomorrow. I'l l be at the Wonder Lake camground which is practically at the base of the mountain. It should be a good view.

I also stopped by a book store and bought a copy of Into the Wild by John Krakhauer. It's about a guy who graduated college, dropped off the radar of his friends and family, and left for Alaska. He was found by a group of moose hunters just north of Denali...rotting. I figure it'll be a good read while I'm in the park and be effective in squelching any ambitions I harbor of sustinence living. I also have my Goldman Sachs book so I can get pumped about I-banking while I'm camping out in front of one of the world's most beatutiful mountains...err...maybe I'll leave Goldman for the trip home.

Still trying to get used to the fact that it's broad daylight at 10 PM, other than that I'm having an awesome time.